I am Eline Muijres, Communications Manager at the game incubator & hub Dutch Game Garden. We help young game studios with the business side of game development, and we connect people in the game industry with each other by matchmaking and organizing events, like INDIGO.
I worked as a game journalist before, writing for Gamer.nl, Bashers.nl and Gamez.nl, and I did marketing, PR and production at Game Oven, known for the games Bounden and Fingle. I studied at Utrecht University, doing the master New Media & Digital Culture.
I still write about games in my free time. Together with a bunch of friends I co-founded the website Laadscherm.nl, where we write about games from a broader and more human perspective.
Additionally, I am a board member of the Games [4Diversity] Foundation, we aim to improve the representation of minorities in games. We joined the Utrecht Canal Pride with a game boat, and we organize game jams and meetups.
I regularly speak at (international) conferences and at universities/educational institutions, I’m a jury member at the IGF Awards, and recently I’ve joined the committee of the Flemish Game Fund.
I view games, or play in general, as an exciting form of art. I take great joy in supporting game developers, connecting them with the right people and creating opportunities for them. I believe the games industry harbors incredible talent. Making a living and surviving as a company is extremely challenging, however, and I’d like to dedicate my career to making this a little easier.
- 2015-20XX: Communications Manager at Dutch Game Garden
- 2018-20XX: Board Member at Games [4Diversity]
- 2017-20XX: Editor & Co-Founder Laadscherm.nl
- 2018-20XX: Committee Member Flanders Game Fund (VAF)
- 2015: PR & Marketing at Monogon Games
- 2013-2015: Production, PR & Marketing at Game Oven
- 2013-2015: Editor at Gamer.nl
- 2012: Researcher at Utrecht University of the Arts (HKU)
- 2010-2012: Editor at Bashers.nl
- 2009-2010: Editor at GameZ Magazine & Gamez.nl
- 2008-2011: Editor at NDomain.nl
- MA New Media & Digital Culture, Utrecht University (2012)
- BA Communication & Information Studies, Utrecht University (2011)
- Stedelijk Gymnasium Nijmegen (2007)