I’m Eline Muijres and I’m Communications Manager at Dutch Game Garden, supporting starting game studios. I previously worked at Game Oven on Bounden, doing PR, marketing, and production. With my experiences of the inner workings of a small game studio, I aim to spread knowledge about game business topics and entrepreneurship to indie developers. At Dutch Game Garden, I support and connect people by organizing various events, workshops, classes, and trainings for game developers. I frequently give talks at international conferences.
I view games, or play in general, as an exciting form of art that is mostly unexplored, and love to play alternative, experimental games. I started out as a game journalist because of my passion for video games and writing. Gradually, as I interviewed more and more indie developers, I became interested in game development, especially the business side. I discovered I take great joy in supporting game developers, connecting them with the right people and creating opportunities for them. I believe the games industry harbors incredible talent. Making a living and surviving as a company is extremely challenging, however, and I’d like to dedicate my career to making this a little easier.
- 2015-20XX: Communications Manager at Dutch Game Garden
- 2018-20XX: Board Member at Games [4Diversity]
- 2017-20XX: Editor & Co-Founder Laadscherm.nl
- 2018-20XX: Committee Member Flanders Game Fund (VAF)
- 2015: PR & Marketing at Monogon Games
- 2013-2015: Production, PR & Marketing at Game Oven
- 2013-2015: Editor at Gamer.nl
- 2012: Researcher at Utrecht University of the Arts (HKU)
- 2010-2012: Editor at Bashers.nl
- 2009-2010: Editor at GameZ Magazine & Gamez.nl
- 2008-2011: Editor at NDomain.nl
- MA New Media & Digital Culture, Utrecht University (2012)
- BA Communication & Information Studies, Utrecht University (2011)
- Stedelijk Gymnasium Nijmegen (2007)