I am Eline Muijres, Producer at Mipumi Games, a game studio in Vienna. Additionally, I am a board member of the Games [4Diversity] Foundation, we aim to improve the representation of minorities in games. We joined the Utrecht Canal Pride with a game boat, and we organize game jams and meetups.
I started in the game industry as a game journalist, writing for Gamer.nl, Bashers.nl and Gamez.nl. I did marketing, PR and production at Game Oven, known for the games Bounden and Fingle. I was Communications Manager at the game incubator & hub Dutch Game Garden. At DGG, I helped young game studios with the business side of game development, and connected people in the game industry with each other by matchmaking and organizing events, like INDIGO.
Together with a bunch of friends I co-founded the website Laadscherm.nl, where we wrote about games from a broader and more human perspective.
I regularly speak at (international) conferences and universities, I’m a jury member at the IGF Awards, and I was part of the committee of the Flemish Game Fund.
I view games, or play in general, as an exciting form of art. My goal is to contribute to making the game industry more inclusive towards women and minorities, and support developers to create games that are unique, experimental, and diverse.
- 2019-20XX: Producer at Mipumi Games
- 2018-20XX: Board Member at Games [4Diversity]
- 2015-2019: Communications Manager at Dutch Game Garden
- 2017-2019: Editor & Co-Founder Laadscherm.nl
- 2018-2019: Committee Member Flanders Game Fund (VAF)
- 2015: PR & Marketing at Monogon Games
- 2013-2015: Production, PR & Marketing at Game Oven
- 2013-2015: Editor at Gamer.nl
- 2012: Researcher at Utrecht University of the Arts (HKU)
- 2010-2012: Editor at Bashers.nl
- 2009-2010: Editor at GameZ Magazine & Gamez.nl
- 2008-2011: Editor at NDomain.nl
- MA New Media & Digital Culture, Utrecht University (2012)
- BA Communication & Information Studies, Utrecht University (2011)
- Stedelijk Gymnasium Nijmegen (2007)